Ibrahimovic, 38, has scored three goals since returning to Milan last month.The Swede headed in the second goal on Sunday after setting up the first, but Inter hit back with four second-half strikes.“I showed that I can still make a difference, even at 38,” he said.But Inter striker Romelu Lukaku will be looking to upstage the two other former Manchester United players against Napoli in the other last-four first leg on Wednesday.Gennaro Gattuso’s Napoli, despite their current slump, ousted holders Lazio in the quarter-finals.“There’s a new king in town,” a jubilant Lukaku wrote on Twitter after scoring the fourth goal for Inter in Sunday’s derby.“We run this town.”The Belgian was replying to Ibrahimovic’s pre-derby post saying that “lions don’t compare themselves to humans”. Cristiano Ronaldo and Zlatan Ibrahimovic are set to go head-to-head in Thursday’s Italian Cup semi-final, first leg between Juventus and AC Milan at the San Siro.Advertisement Lukaku claimed that there is a “new king in town”Juventus coach Maurizio Sarri has reason to be worried by his side’s away form, with the defending Serie A champions having lost their last two games on the road.“I hope that someone will help me, it’s something we have to resolve,” Sarri said after the loss to Verona.“Right now we have a difference in performance between home and away.”Juventus are bidding to reclaim the trophy which they held for four seasons until losing to eventual runners-up Atalanta in the quarters last year.Antonio Conte’s Inter are the only one of the four semi-finalists to win in Serie A at the weekend, with Napoli crashing to a 3-2 defeat by lowly Lecce.Inter’s victory lifted them ahead of Juventus on goal difference at the top of the table, as they target their first Scudetto since 2010.The second-leg ties will take place on March 4 and 5.FixturesSemi-finals, first legWednesdayInter Milan v Napoli (1945GMT)ThursdayAC Milan v Juventus (1945GMT)FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… Promoted Content6 Major TV Characters We Were Relieved To See Leaving The ShowPortuguese Street Artist Creates Hyper-Realistic 3D GraffitiCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way12 Flicks That Almost Ended Their Stars’ CareersWhat Happens When You Eat Eggs Every Single Day?Best Car Manufacturers In The World10 Most Praised Historical Movies7 Things That Actually Ruin Your Phone7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The Universe10 Hyper-Realistic 3D Street Art By Odeith7 Facts About Black Holes That Will Blow Your Mind5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks “It wasn’t the result we wanted,” said the 35-year-old Ronaldo despite becoming the first Juventus player to score in 10 successive league games, just one game short of the Serie A record.The five-time Ballon d’Or winner has scored 23 goals in all competitions this season. Both Ronaldo and Ibrahimovic scored at the weekend in defeats as Juventus fell 2-1 at Hellas Verona, while AC Milan threw away a two-goal lead in a 4-2 defeat by city rivals Inter.
Facebook Twitter Google+ The NCAA announced Tuesday that Southern Methodist head coach Larry Brown would be suspended nine games for lack of head coach control. Brown will be allowed to coach in SMU’s American Athletic Conference games, while Jim Boeheim, who was hit with a failure-to-monitor charge, was suspended for the first nine games of Atlantic Coast Conference play.Brown was charged with being untruthful when he first learned of violations at SMU, something Boeheim wasn’t charged with in Syracuse’s case.ESPN reported Boeheim will appeal his suspension based on Brown’s suspension, while Boeheim told Syracuse.com that’s not the case. For further comparisons of SMU and SU, read the full breakdown here.Even though Boeheim said he will not appeal based on Brown’s punishment, should he? Let us know what you think in the poll and in the comment section below.Should Jim Boeheim appeal his ACC suspension?Yes, Larry Brown wasn’t suspended for any conference games.No, just take your medicine.VoteView ResultsCrowdsignal.com<a href=”http://polldaddy.com/poll/9104105/”>Should Jim Boeheim appeal his ACC suspension?</a>AdvertisementThis is placeholder text Comments Published on September 30, 2015 at 8:03 pm
Home again: Kenny DalglishLondon, United Kingdom | AFP | Liverpool legend Kenny Dalglish thanked fans for their support on Sunday after leaving hospital following a positive test for the coronavirus.Dalglish, 69, found he had the virus after being admitted to hospital on Wednesday for treatment for a separate infection which required intravenous antibiotics.He was discharged on Saturday night.“Thank you for all of your well wishes over the last few days,” said Dalglish in a Liverpool statement issued Sunday.“I’m delighted to be back home with the family after receiving brilliant care from the NHS (Britain’s National Health Service), which we appreciate now more than ever.“Marina (Dalglish’s wife) and I would like to express our immense gratitude to the medical staff who cared for me and who continue to treat countless others throughout the country during an incredibly challenging period.”Dalglish confirmed the couple would be in “full lockdown for the recommended amount of time in order to protect the lives of others”.There are fears that the warm weather across Britain over the Easter weekend will see the public flout government guidelines on social distancing instead of only going out to maintain health and purchase essential supplies.But a concerned Dalglish said: “I know the sun is shining for many of you, but I urge you to stay home and follow the government guidelines to the letter.”Earlier the Scotland great, in an interview with the Sunday Post, praised the “absolutely brilliant” hospital staff, adding: “People may think my name got me the best of care but every patient in the NHS gets the best of care.”On Friday, Dalglish’s family said he had tested positive for COVID-19 despite having previously displayed no symptoms of the illness.– ‘Humbling messages’ –Saturday saw two of Dalglish’s children take to Twitter to thank the public for their support. Paul Dalglish, also a former player, said: “Truly humbling messages from supporters of all teams,” with Dalglish’s daughter, Sky Sports presenter Kelly Cates, saying: “Thank you so much for your lovely messages and I’m really sorry I can’t reply to them all.”Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson Becker said on Twitter: “Love from Becker family to Sir Kenny Dalglish!!”Ian Rush formed a prolific partnership with Dalglish during their playing days at Liverpool and the Welshman took to Twitter to give his old team-mate his best wishes.“Wishing a speedy recovery to the best…Sir Kenny Dalglish. Get well soon,” he wrote.Dalglish won the Scottish league title with Celtic as a player on four occasions before signing for Liverpool in 1977.At Anfield, he captured eight English league titles, two FA Cups, five League Cups and three European Cups as a player and in two managerial spells.In his Liverpool playing career, Dalglish scored 172 goals in 515 games.As well as his role in Liverpool’s golden era in the 1970s and 1980s, Dalglish received plaudits for supporting victims’ families after 96 fans died in the 1989 Hillsborough stadium disaster.He also coached Blackburn to the 1995 Premier League title.Almost 10,000 people in Britain have so far died as a result of the coronavirus. Share on: WhatsApp
It hasn’t been easy running a summer swim program in Nelson during the past few years.Constant upgrades to the Nelson and District Aquatic Centre has forced the Nelson Neptunes to pack their bags for alternate pools to keep the program alive.This season, the Neptunes have adopted the slogan of “Have goggles will travel” as the team builds for the upcoming 2016 Kootenay Summer Swim Association Season.”Due to the renovation closure of their home pool in Nelson for the entire competitive season, the Neptunes will be swimming around the region,” said Chad Badry of the Neptunes executive on the eve of the season opening day for the Heritage City club, May 1.Badry said the Neptunes will start the season swimming five times a week at the Castlegar Aquatic Centre for the month of May and then move their home base to the Salmo outdoor pool for June, July and August.”For the second time in history that anyone on the team can recall, a swim meet will be held in Salmo at the end of June,” Badry said. “This will bring hundreds of athletes and families to Salmo and area.”Badry said the Neptunes have dipped into his graduation list to hire Nialan Collier as team skipper.Joining Collier is long time Neptune Sage Cowan for the first part of the summer until returning head coach Cynthia Pfeiffer joins the team later in the season.Badry said the three Neptunes recently completed their level 1 National Coaching Certification which will be a great contribution to the swim coaching and succession planning for the team.This year, the Neptunes are offering a new program in Salmo for the month of June called Introduction to Competitive Swimming.Swimmers who want to give speed swimming a try can practice with the team with reduced commitment and cost.Then they can take part in the swim meet in Salmo at the end of the month. Badry said Neptunes are hopeful that the prospect of a season like no other will make a difference in the enrolment numbers.Coaching staff is planning plenty of dryland training and a few open water swims in Nelson as well to help reduce the travel.Badry said last year these events included a game of quidditch, hikes up Pulpit Rock, early morning cardio, and some carefully chaperoned open water swims from Lakeside Park.For more information or to register a swimmer, go to www.nelsonneptunes.com.