Tag: 苏州粉玫瑰体验

Government comes to the aid of women in Layou

first_img Share Coolers presented to women in Layou. Photograph by Ashton Shillingford.Several women in the Layou community were presented with coolers and ice sheets last week as part of efforts to reclaim and sustain the Titiri market. The community of Layou is well known as the Titiri Village.The presentation formed part of plans by the Labour Party administration to assist residents of the community following the Layou river disaster and the breach of the Mattieu Dam which had a devastating impact on the livelihood of residents last year.Parliamentary representative for the St. Joseph constituency Hon. Kelvar Darroux spoke of the contribution by government towards the relief efforts for the Layou people.“The Government of Dominica has stepped in, in several ways. We have provided assistance to the farmers who were affected by giving them a stipend of five hundred dollars for those who had to traverse through another route. We provided assistance to the fishermen of Layou. Over twenty-five fishermen received sixty percent of what they lost. The government of Dominica responded in quick time to provide relief to the residents of the Clarke Hall area who were severely affected by the loss of their properties and so forth. The government has spent in excess of two hundred and fifty thousand dollars to replace the center portion of the York Valley Bridge. This was in an effort to allow the famers who had their farms in that area to regain access to their farms. We continue to work tirelessly. We are also in the process of finalizing negotiations with the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) for a loan in excess of 27 Million dollars to ensure that we can rehabilitate and restore the Layou Valley area to its original state and that would include works on the road, the river walls and of course the people of Layou would benefit tremendously because part of that project will also include an emergency and disaster shelter which will comprise of a resource center and classrooms for training. All this is in effort to get the people of Layou back to a state of normalcy.”President of the Layou Improvement Committee Lazare Charles said the latest gesture by government will bring relief to the women of Layou.“The coolers will provide a sanitary and convenient method for transportation and sale of Titiri. We know that Titiri is a very fragile product and has a short lifespan so with these coolers, the Titiri can know be presented at a higher quality for public consumption. This way it is safe for the use of the public. The ice sheets are appropriate for keeping cooling power and freshness without the mess caused by melted ice…”.Photographs by Ashton Shillingford: [nggallery id = 181]GIS News 30 Views   2 comments Share Tweetcenter_img Share LocalNews Government comes to the aid of women in Layou by: – May 15, 2012 Sharing is caring!last_img read more

Read more…

Keane out of Celtic reckoning

first_img A source close to the club told Press Association Sport: “Roy was not offered the job – no-one has been offered it yet. “But he has ruled himself out and asked not to be considered for the position.” The FAI later released a short statement confirming Keane would be staying put. It read: “The Football Association of Ireland today (June 2) confirmed that Roy Keane will travel with the Republic of Ireland squad to the US after he decided not to pursue the informal talks that took place with Celtic any further.” Keane had emerged as the frontrunner for the position vacated by Lennon last week over the weekend. But his departure from the scene now leaves former West Bromwich Albion manager Steve Clarke as the man expected to land the job. Sacked Cardiff boss Malky Mackay and Owen Coyle – who has been out of work since leaving Wigan last year – are also in the race to take the post. Keane’s U-turn comes as something of a surprise after reports on Monday had suggested he was within 24 hours of taking the job. Press Association Roy Keane has “asked not to be considered” for the vacant managerial position at Scottish champions Celtic. The Republic of Ireland assistant manager has ruled himself out of the running to replace Neil Lennon, preferring to continue his work alongside Martin O’Neill. Dermot Desmond, the Hoops majority shareholder, held talks with the former Manchester United skipper last week but it is understood the discussions did not get as far as a formal job offer. O’Neill confirmed on Thursday evening that his 42-year-old number two has held informal talks with the Hoops, for whom he played briefly at the end of his career, after Desmond had made contact. O’Neill said: ”I had a call the other day from Dermot Desmond wanting to speak to Roy if it was at all possible, and I mentioned it to Roy, of course. ”I am sure he was wanting to have chat anyway because a club like Celtic might not come around too often. ”It was just a really informal chat, I think, but if you are asking me would I be really disappointed? Of course if Roy was to leave us.” However, Keane had earlier hinted it would be difficult for him to leave his current role with the Football Association of Ireland. The ex-Sunderland and Ipswich boss – who now doubles his coaching duties with work as an ITV pundit – said on June 23: ”I’ve got a job – I’ve got two jobs – I can’t have another one. They are a brilliant club, an absolutely fantastic football club, one of the best in the world. But I have got a job.” He added with a smile: ”I’m not taking a pay cut for anybody.” last_img read more

Read more…