Tag: 爱上海EA

Maurizio Sarri wants Chelsea bosses to revamp squad after Manchester City loss

first_imgAdvertisement Advertisement Sarri says he’s ‘at risk’ of losing his job, after City thrashingTo view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video Play VideoLoaded: 0%0:00Progress: 0%PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration Time 3:36FullscreenSarri says he’s ‘at risk’ of losing his job, after City thrashinghttps://metro.co.uk/video/sarri-says-hes-risk-losing-job-city-thrashing-1860108/This is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window. The Italian has run out of patience after another woeful performance (Picture: Getty)Maurizio Sarri does not believe his Chelsea players are capable of playing ‘Sarri-ball’ and wants club bosses to back him in overhauling the squad, according to reports.The Italian is under growing pressure at Stamford Bridge following Sunday’s brutal 6-0 defeat to Manchester City – the club’s heaviest defeat in the Premier League and worst since a 7-0 drubbing at the hands of Nottingham Forest in 1991.Sarri has previously questioned his players’ desire and motivation after poor results against Arsenal and Bournemouth, but was at a loss to explain Sunday’s capitulation at the Etihad. Maurizio Sarri wants Chelsea bosses to revamp squad after Manchester City loss Comment Chelsea were ripped apart by Manchester City at the Etihad on Sunday (Picture: Getty)According to The Times, the defeat is the breaking point for Sarri and he is worried he lacks the players required to implement his gameplan at Chelsea.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENTHe now feels that the club must either back him or sack him, believing it is virtually impossible to play the brand of football he is so noted for unless there are significant changes made to his squad.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CitySarri has identified two key traits his squad are lacking: physical commitment and tactical understanding.The former Napoli boss was given little opportunity to really stamp his ideals on the squad, and club bosses are sympathetic to the fact that his pre-season preparations were cut short as they struggled to get rid of Antonio Conte until deep into the summer. The Italian believes his squad lacks physicality and tactical understanding (Picture: Getty)Sarri has only made two permanent signings since taking charge – Jorginho and Kepa – and believes more investment is needed.Chelsea have a number of players nearing the end of their contracts, while star man Eden Hazard is being linked with a £100million move to Real Madrid, and Sarri wants to use it as an opportunity to remould the squad he has inherited.More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing Arsenal Metro Sport ReporterTuesday 12 Feb 2019 7:41 amShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link1.1kShareslast_img read more

Read more…

O’Shea hoping for Brown re-think

first_img Referee Kevin Friend’s decision that it was worthy of a red card left Sunderland manager Gus Poyet, whose team are bottom of the league, livid. And giving his thoughts on the incident involving his centre-back partner Brown, O’Shea said: “When you see the replays of Wes’ tackle it’s frustrating, but obviously it’s one of those things. “It’s so frustrating. We were a goal down at that stage but I thought we were in clear control of the game and it gave Stoke a massive, massive lift. “The ref’s not had the best of days, has he? “Hopefully the red card will get overturned. “He took his time over it but he still managed to get it wrong because Wes has clearly won the ball. I don’t think he even touched Adam.” A few seconds passed between the tackle on Adam – whose goal had put Stoke 1-0 up six minutes earlier – and Friend blowing his whistle. The Stoke player continued running before going to ground off the pitch, and regarding Adam, O’Shea said: “The reaction from Charlie could have been a bit better. Black Cats defender Brown was controversially dismissed in the 36th minute of his team’s 2-0 Barclays Premier League defeat at the Britannia Stadium on Saturday after making a sliding challenge on Charlie Adam. Brown, travelling at considerable speed, won the ball with the tackle and replays suggested any contact between the two players had been minimal. Sunderland captain John O’Shea feels “common sense” will have been shown if Wes Brown’s red card against Stoke is overturned by the Football Association. “I think the reaction of their bench is what the ref has gone on, to be honest.” Brown, 34, was starting a second successive top-flight game having not previously been in the first XI for a league fixture since January 2012. And O’Shea said: “You can imagine how gutted he is. He’s worked so hard to get back. “Fingers crossed it will be overturned and he’ll be okay for next week.” He added: “From what we’re hearing the linesman might have said he didn’t think it was a red card, I don’t know for certain. “But with the position we’re in we can’t keep going on about decisions. We need to keep our own focus and work on that. “We know what a player Wes is and with a bit of common sense, which we need at this time, it will be overturned. “It’s fairly simple. These things can be overturned when people have made mistakes, so let’s just move on with it.” Poyet, whose team conceded a second goal in the 81st minute when Steven Nzonzi scored, called after the game for an apology from referees’ chief Mike Riley – something West Brom boss Steve Clarke recently said he had received in relation to the penalty contentiously awarded to Chelsea in Albion’s 2-2 draw at Stamford Bridge. Asked if he thought such an apology from Riley, the head of the Professional Game Match Officials Board (PGMOB), might come Sunderland’s way, O’Shea said: “We’ll wait and see. We have to move on. “We’ve got a massive game against Aston Villa (away next Saturday) and it’s one we can get something from.” Sunderland are expected to appeal Brown’s red card. With regard to Riley, it is understood that while there is every chance he will speak to the Black Cats this week, the details of that conversation, including any apology, will not be publicised by the PGMOB as it considers it a private matter – something it also felt in the West Brom case. Press Associationlast_img read more

Read more…

USC’s Lendrum named scholar-athlete of the year

first_imgUSC senior Alex Lendrum was named the Pac-12 men’s swimming and diving scholar-athlete of the year at the Pac-12 men’s swimming and diving championships in Federal Way, Wash. on Wednesday. This honor was bestowed just one day after Lendrum took home the conference title in the 200-yard free.Lendrum is a biochemistry major and has accrued a 3.76 cumulative GPA during his college career. The Phoenix native has also qualified for the Dean’s List every semester he has attended USC.Last year, he was named to the Capital One Academic All-America second team and the All-District-8 first team. He is a two-time member of the Pac-12 All-Academic first team, having been selected each of the past two seasons, and was also a 2012 Spring CSCAA Scholar All-American.Lendrum is a member of the Alpha Epsilon Delta Pre-Med honorary fraternity in addition to the Golden Key International honor society. He was the recipient of the USC David X. Marks Foundation  Scholar-Athlete Award in 2011 and 2012.His successes that are not tied to his work in the classroom are equally impressive. In 2012, he was a first team All-American, and the year before he was an honorable mention All-American selection. This season, he was named team captain for the second time and last season he took sixth place in the 200-yard back at the 2012 NCAA championships.In 2011, Lendrum took 13th place in the 200-yard back at the NCAA championships, his first individual points at the event. He also took 26th in the 100-yard back and 39th in the 200-yard individual medley.To be eligible for the Pac-12 scholar-athlete of the year award, student-athletes must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, maintain a senior standing athletic eligibility, compete in at least 50 percent of the scheduled contests in the sport and have at least one year of residence at the institution.Each Pac-12 school can nominate one individual per sport, with the winner chosen by conference staff member at each sport’s season’s end.In adding yet another honor to his trophy case, Lendrum has built up a considerable amount of momentum for himself, as well as the rest of the team, in preparation for the 2013 NCAA championships. The event is scheduled to begin on March 28 and run through March 30 in Indianapolis. USC has not won a national championship since 1977, when it won its fourth consecutive NCAA crown.last_img read more

Read more…