Tag: 爱上海龙凤同城

Man Utd ‘determined’ to replace £450m Chevrolet shirt deal

first_img The US car manufacturer signed a deal worth £450m with the Red Devils in 2014 but are reportedly unwilling to sign an extension on the current deal, which ends in 2021. United’s poor performances on the pitch over the last six years and lack of success – relative to their lofty standards – coupled with Chevrolet’s parent company General Motors feeling they overpaid for the partnership have all contributed to the car company’s time as sponsor coming to an end. In fact, then-global marketing chief at GM Joel Ewanick left the company shortly after negotiating the deal in 2012, with a spokesman saying that he had “failed to meet the expectations the company has of an employee”. The Old Trafford club are sending replicas of their home kit to potential suitors with their branding printed on the front, according to the Daily Mail . Sending prototype shirts is becoming common practice amongst Premier League clubs as they look to obtain lucrative sponsorship deals, and United’s is already the most expensive in the country. Loading… Manchester United are leaving no stone unturned as they look for a shirt sponsor to replace Chevrolet at the end of next season. The current Chevrolet deal is worth £64m per season, far higher than nearest rivals Manchester City , who earn £45m per campaign from Etihad. Executive vice chairman Ed Woodward and managing director Richard Arnold are thought to be leading United’s search for the new sponsor. The Red Devils’ global appeal and marketability make them an attractive target for sponsors and many top brands are said to be swooping. Forbes ranks United as the third most valuable football club in the world, after Real Madrid and Barcelona , valuing them at £3.808bn. Read Also:Man Utd to go all out for Sancho, despite interest in Chelsea rebel The new sponsor will likely take it’s place on the front of the shirt with Kohler on the sleeve after the US manufacturing company were unveiled as United’s first ever sleeve sponsor in 2018 in a deal worth up to £20m per season. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted ContentWho Earns More Than Ronaldo?10 Actors That Started Their Careers On SoapsWorld’s Most Delicious FoodsThis Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s HystericalThe Highest Paid Football Players In The WorldEverything You Need To Know About Asteroid ArmageddonWho Earns More Than Ronaldo?A Soviet Shot Put Thrower’s Record Hasn’t Been Beaten To This Day14 Hilarious Comics Made By Women You Need To Follow Right Now20 “The Big Bang Theory” Moments Only A Few Fans Knew AboutTop 7 Best Car Manufacturers Of All TimeThis Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s Hystericallast_img read more

Read more…

Lawyer: Liverpool could sue Suarez

first_img Press Association The striker is at the centre of yet more controversy after appearing to sink his teeth into Giorgio Chiellini during Uruguay’s World Cup clash against Italy in Brazil on Tuesday. World governing body FIFA is now investigating the matter and the 27-year-old could face a lengthy ban that could be extended to club football. Suarez has twice been banned for biting opponents in the past. Last year he was banned for 10 matches for biting Chelsea’s Branislav Ivanovic while he incurred a seven-game suspension for a similar offence while at Ajax in 2010. Glenn Hayes, employment law partner at national law firm Irwin Mitchell, said: “The general position is that Suarez’s behaviour in the work environment would usually represent gross misconduct (given that it could be classified as an assault) and would usually result in the dismissal of an employee in most circumstances. “If the matter has occurred outside of work and is not connected to it, for example in the form of a work social, the issue for the employer would usually be whether the actions of the employee had brought the business into disrepute. “In the case of Suarez this could easily be argued – particularly as it is the second time an incident like this has happened whilst he has been with the club (and third time overall), and the Anfield club stood by the player last time despite risk to their reputation and despite his lengthy ban. “The decision for Liverpool however is not really about whether they do what a ‘normal employer’ may do. “With Barcelona and Real Madrid apparently planning to make significant bids for the player after the World Cup, the decision is whether they are willing to dismiss a player and waive a potential huge transfer fee. “Much will depend on what punishment FIFA hands down but if the ban is sufficiently long so that Suarez is unable to fulfil his contract, this so-called ‘frustration of contract’ could lead to claims by Liverpool for breach of contract on the part of Suarez.” The latest Suarez incident in the group match in Natal came amid growing speculation linking the PFA player of the year with a big-money move to Barcelona. European champions Real Madrid have previously been linked with the player. It remains to be seen whether such apparent interest is now tempered. Liverpool have declined to comment on the matter. It is understood the club intend to let FIFA’s process take its course before making their position clear. Yet with Suarez having also been involved in numerous other controversies since joining Liverpool in 2011 – most infamously a race row with Manchester United’s Patrice Evra that led to an eight-match ban – there is the potential for embarrassment for the Reds. Hayes said: “It will be interesting to see how the situation develops over the next few days and what stance Liverpool take in relation to their highest-profile and most-valued employee.” Liverpool could build a case to sue Luis Suarez for breach of contract if he is banned for biting, according to a leading employment lawyer.last_img read more

Read more…

GPL Review: 7 things we learned from matchday 8

first_imgWhat lessons did we learn from matchday 8 which saw 20 goals and 2 away wins.TEAM OF THE ROUND: ASANTE KOTOKOPLAYER OF THE ROUND: YAHAYA MOHAMMEDKOTOKO PICKING UP THE PIECESA 30 second strike from Dauda Mohammed was all Kotoko needed to ensure their revival had been confirmed. Until that time, the Porcupines had played 270 minutes of football away from home without finding the net. This means the Porcupines have now won their last three games in all competitions. Three victories in a row for Kotoko is nothing new for Kotoko but judging by their horrendous start to the season, this is a step in the right direction for the Porcupines who are now six points behind league leaders. That deficit is clearly retrievable considering both teams will be clashing within the next two months. HEARTS UP THEIR GAME BUT THEY SEEM TO HAVE LOST THE PLOTHearts of Oak drew their game against WAFA and could have picked up all three points had it not been for a controversial call, where Cosmos Dauda’s header seemed to have crossed the line and woeful finishing but in reality, the Phobians were clueless for large portions of the game especially the first half. Mustapha Essuman and Sarbah Laryea were passengers in the game with the WAFA trio of Gideon Waja, Roger Lamptey and Wahab Ibrahim dominating them. The usual free flowing build up accompanied with the Phobians were missing with Robin Gnagne having to bypass midfield in search of Musah Ibrahim and Cosmos Dauda several times. Despite Hearts having an aerial advantage, it was clearly not part of the scripts. They regrouped in the second half finding space down the flanks but their deliveries left much to be desired. This Hearts team lacked the sharpness and cutting edge of the first few weeks. A case of low confidence following previous results? Or internal wrangling?HOWEVER THIS SETS UP THE SUPER 2 NICELY Hearts and Kotoko are scheduled to meet in a fortnight’s time. In the opening weeks of the league, the fixture seemed to how many goals Hearts will score and how many will the Porcupines concede. With one game in between the eagerly awaited clash, the question seems to be more realistic and more interesting from a neutral perspective. Will Hearts win or will Kotoko confirm their resurgence over their rivals. Depending on results this coming week, the Porcupine could be one or two points off the Phobians or the Phobians stretch their rivals by seven points. However, with both teams in decent form, we could expect one of the best super 2 clashes in years with much at stake for both clubs. The last league meeting had a relegation feel to it but this will surely determine the more superior of the two heading in the midway stretch of the league.BUT WAFA NEED TO BE NOMINATED FOR THE OSCARSWAFA took turns to visit the turf in their 1-1 draw with Hearts of Oak. The Sogakope side adopted a clever tactic of trying to kill the momentum of their more illustrious hosts but they took the acting too far. Keeper Razak Abalora was the most culpable of them all virtually falling to the ground after almost every Hearts attack. This falling syndrome affected the outfield players who went down at any contact. For a side that prides itself in playing good football, this was a blip for them. Had they stayed on their feet and concentrated on playing, they certainly would have dominated and out passed the Phobians. However, their approach affected their play and were caught on the backfoot for majority of the second half. A more disciplined and mature performance will be required from WAFA in subsequent away games. THE SLEEPING GIANT HAS FINALLY WOKEN UPYahaya Mohammed was tipped to excel in this season’s league but a combination of bad form and a general team slump means he had to wait until matchday 8 to find the net and what a way to do it? The former Kotoko man bagged a hat trick to condemn Hasaacas to yet another defeat. With Yahaya hitting this form, he is generally unstoppable. He will bulldoze and terrorize defenders with sheer strength and physical power. That’s what an in form Yahaya can do. With him beginning to wake up, Ghanaian defenders must be sympathized with.BUT HASAACAS NEED TO BE LESS GENEROUS17 goals in 8 matches is horrific for Hasaacas. The Western Region side have let in these amount of in just 8 games. Conceding on an average 2 goals per game. This is simply appalling for a side hoping to be in the top four. GOALS win games and defenses win championships. In this moment, Hasaacas goals conceded is winning them an automatic slot to the Division One League. The earlier they solve this canker, the better for Basigi and his team or risk facing relegation. LATIF HAS MATUREDLiberty were worried after goal scoring midfielder Kennedy Ashia left the country to seek greener pastures. The club was most likely in search of a player to replace the numbers of Ashia but in Latif Blessing, they have found a more than capable replacement. The youngster has bagged 7 matches in 8 matches and is poised for me. A contributing factor to his great form has been the fact that he gained Premier league experience  from last year and has clearly adapted to the demands of the league. Should he continue this rich vein of form, it wont come as a surprise he woll cross the 20 goal mark.     –Follow Kweku on Twitter: @nana_odum. Get more updates on Facebook/Twitter with the #JoySports hashtaglast_img read more

Read more…