Tag: 夜上海论坛XQ

Indonesia renews call to maintain UN peacekeeping operations during COVID-19

first_imgThe COVID-19 crisis had disrupted peacekeeping operations (PKO), making it difficult for conflicting parties to engage and discuss peace, while also limiting the movement and activities of peacekeepers, Retno said.Access to humanitarian aid and logistics had been disrupted due to the unavailability of transportation, she added.Read also: COVID-19: Nearly 90,000 Indonesians return home after more than 700 infected abroadIn this regard, Indonesia continued to stress the importance of ensuring the safety and health of UN peacekeepers at the UN Security Council (UNSC) meetings. Indonesia has renewed its call for the world to refocus on maintaining and supporting peacekeeping operations, as countries in conflict are being hit even harder by the COVID-19 pandemic than countries at peace.Foreign Minister Retno L.P. Marsudi on Thursday reiterated Indonesia’s concerns about the impacts of the coronavirus crisis in conflict countries, saying that Indonesia was committed to upholding any and all efforts to resolve conflict and build peace.“As we are all aware, COVID-19 has an enormous impact for all countries, including countries affected by conflict. The situation on the ground, which is already fragile due to ongoing conflicts, is now worsened by COVID-19 due to limited health infrastructure, fragile security, challenging economic situations and humanitarian conditions,” Retno told a press briefing on May 14. “At least 13 countries with PKO have confirmed COVID-19 cases. Sixty-four peacekeepers have contracted the virus,” Retno said, citing UN data.Although no Indonesian peacekeepers had contracted the disease to date, the country remained fully alert in following developments on the ground, she added.Indonesia is the largest country among UNSC member states in terms of contributing peacekeeping troops, and the eighth largest among all UN member states.“Therefore, Indonesia will closely follow the impact of COVID-19 on our peacekeepers,” Retno said.On March 23, UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres issued an appeal for a global ceasefire during the COVID-19 pandemic.”To warring parties, I say: Pull back from hostilities. Put aside mistrust and animosity. Silence the guns, stop the artillery, end the airstrikes. This is crucial to help create corridors for life-saving aid,” he states in the press release published on the UN website.“As a non-permanent member of the UNSC, Indonesia welcomes and supports the [UN secretary-general’s] call,” Retno stressed at Thursday’s briefing.Read also: Indonesia to prioritize quality in peacekeeping contributions as UN funds evaporateAlong with other members of the UNSC, Indonesia was currently drafting a resolution on measures to address COVID-19 challenges, particularly peace and security.“Unfortunately, the draft has yet to reach consensus. The longer the UNSC cannot agree on the draft, [the more] it sends a negative signal on the ground, and could even worsen the situation for [people] in many conflict areas,” Retno said.The UNSC should focus on enhancing cooperation to protect the people in conflict areas, and Indonesia was ready to continue contributing to negotiations on the draft resolution, she concluded.Topics :last_img read more

Read more…

It’s all about location at this Gold Coast property

first_img32 Highcrest Circuit, Molendinar. 32 Highcrest Circuit, Molendinar. 32 Highcrest Circuit, Molendinar.More from news02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa15 hours ago02:37Gold Coast property: Sovereign Islands mega mansion hits market with $16m price tag2 days ago“Leonie was working at Griffith Dental School at the uni and we were at Hope Island and it was taking her 35 minutes to come home at night,” Mr Walker said.“Australand (now Frasers Property) were just wrapping up their Crestwood Heights development.“They had two houses left and we decided to buy one.”The ground floor features a huge tiled entrance with LED downlights, spacious living area, study nook, two bedrooms and stacker doors that lead out to an undercover tiled patio and entertaining area. 32 Highcrest Circuit, Molendinar is on the market at $777,000.SET on a large corner block, this family home overlooks a park in Crestwood Heights.Seller Leonie Short and her partner John Walker bought the property in 2007, initially drawn to its Molendinar location. center_img 32 Highcrest Circuit, Molendinar. The kitchen has Caesarstone benchtops, double pantry, and new Bosch appliances.Upstairs is three bedrooms including the main bedroom with a balcony and ensuite.Mr Walker said the house suited an intergenerational family with dual entry access as well as buyers looking for a low-maintenance lifestyle.Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayNext playlist itemMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 1:58Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -1:58 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedQuality Levels720p720pHD576p576p360p360p216p216pAutoA, selectedAudio Tracken (Main), selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreenWhy location is everything in real estate01:59The residence has been recently refurbished and updated.“It’s vacant and ready for buyers to move in,” Mr Walker said.last_img read more

Read more…

Robert Easter Jr., Rances Barthelemy battle to forgettable split draw

first_imgMORE: Ajagba eager to pave the way for other Nigerian fightersAjagba cranked up the pressure in the second and dropped Wallisch (19-2) with a barrage of punches punctuated by a left hook. A late blow by Ajagba while Wallisch was down on one knee nullified the knockdown, but that turned out not to matter. Wallisch pressed on and Ajagba thumped him with a bevy of power shots, prompting referee Tony Weeks to save Wallisch from further punishment at the 1:40 mark. The future is mighty bright for Ajagba, who continues to improve under the tutelage of esteemed trainer Ronnie Shields. His camp certainly won’t rush the 2016 Olympian, but don’t be surprised if he cracks the rankings before the end of 2019. LAS VEGAS — It wasn’t a memorable night for either fighter in terms of performance, and the result was on par as Robert Easter Jr. and Rances Barthelemy battled to a split draw Saturday in a lightweight title tilt that was devoid of action. The two clashed in the main event of Showtime’s tripleheader from The Chelsea inside The Cosmopolitan and struggled to entertain from the outset. Neither fighter could impose their will.  Join DAZN to watch Canelo-Jacobs and 100+ fight nights a yearThe 28-year-old Easter (21-1-1) sought to reclaim the thunder he once had before running into the buzzsaw known as Mikey Garcia last July. The 32-year-old Barthelemy (27-1-1) looked to claim a vacant title and establish himself as a top lightweight. Neither happened.Much of the first two rounds consisted of Easter giving chase and Barthelemy circling away in search of an opening to counter. Both fighters struggled to land anything of significance, but Easter was the aggressor while his Cuban counterpart did nothing of consequence. Easter inched closer in the third round with a prodding jab and a straight right hand that found its mark. The fight changed in the fifth when Barthelemy decided to become the hunter and landed several thudding left hands that got Easter’s attention. Easter backed off and found himself on the wrong end of several right hands as the momentum changed. Barthelemy kept it going in the sixth with Easter unable to find his range with the jab. “Kid Blast” scored in intervals with the straight left and shots to the body.Neither fighter was able to string punches together. Fans were left seeing Barthelemy pot-shot while Easter often found himself whiffing on his power punches. Fans of both fighters urged them on but the second half of the fight was mostly the two simply staring at each other and throwing single punches.  Easter charged in to start the seventh and peeled off several combinations that backed Barthelemy into the ropes. After all the rounds of non-action, it appeared that business was finally picking up for two fighters in need of making a statement.Unfortunately, things went right back to the way they were as Barthelemy kept the distance and Easter couldn’t figure out how to close the gap. Easter smacked Barthelemy with a straight right hand in the ninth, the best of the fight. The Cuban took the punch well but Easter certainly had his attention in a round where very little happened aside from that punch landing.Perhaps feeling that the fight was hanging in the balance, Easter slammed a combination into Barthelemy in the 11th round but Barthelemy stepped back and picked his spots, much to the chagrin of the crowd. The 12th round remained the same and a perfectly appropriate split draw was the result as scores of 115-113, 115-113 and 114-114 were read. Viktor Postol scores unanimous decision over Mohamed MimounePostol, a former 140-pound champion, may be closing in another title opportunity with his victory over Mimoune in a 10-round WBC super lightweight title eliminator showdown. It wasn’t pretty, but Postol (31-2) was far more effective than his French opponent, often beating him to the punch and finding a home for a straight left hand. Referee Robert Byrd was a bit busy in the early going as the two often were locked in a clinch due to Mimoune’s awkward advances and Postol trying to hold his position. Mimoune (21-3) found success in the middle rounds with wide, sweeping hooks from the outside as Postol struggled to snuff out those awkward advances, but Postol’s boxing ability and work off the jab allowed him to rack up the rounds. In the end, the fight was a competitive performance that wasn’t necessarily indicated on the scorecards, which read 98-92, 97-93 and 99-91.The victory puts Postol in line for a shot against WBC champion Jose Ramirez, but the fight will be difficult to bring to fruition with Ramirez being under the Top Rank/ESPN umbrella. Efe Ajagba annihilates Michael Wallisch in two roundsAjagba didn’t have to worry about Wallisch leaving the ring but he certainly provided a painful exit for his opponent by way of a second-round TKO. Ajagba gained notoriety last summer when Curtis Harper infamously left the ring shortly after their fight started and refused to engage with the hulking Nigerian. Wallisch proved to be more than willing to fight, but that turned out to be a terrible idea. It didn’t take long for Ajagba (10-0, 9 KOs) to impose his will as he pounded on Wallisch with jabs, hooks and uppercuts. The German continued to press forward but his punches had little effect on the 25-year-old rising heavyweight.last_img read more

Read more…