Tag: 夜上海论坛靠谱么

Using pension contributions for mortgage payments ‘not attractive’

first_imgThe issue of deploying pension contributions for mortgage payments has been on the agenda for pensions reform in the Netherlands since at least 2011, when trade union RMU came up with the proposal.Last month, social affairs minister Wouter Koolmees said he would assess the possibilities of making it an option for savers in a new pensions system.The researchers at ASRE highlighted that they only looked at the financial impact of using pension contributions for paying off a mortgage, and said that they hadn’t taken any possible legal or practical hurdles into account.Contribution flexibility pros and consResearch published by Tilburg University and the Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis last year called for Dutch workers to be granted greater flexibility over how they use their pension savings, claiming the benefits of such freedoms would outweigh the risks.At IPE’s annual conference in Dublin in December, panellists also debated alternative uses for pension contributions.During a panel discussion, Michael O’Higgins – a former chair of the UK’s Pensions Regulator – suggested allowing people to use auto-enrolment savings to pay off student loans faster. Amlan Roy, chief retirement strategist at State Street Global Advisors, added that the US Treasury department and the Department of Labor were considering “lifetime loan-bundling vehicles” to help younger workers pay off student debt.However, Tim Jones, former CEO of UK defined contribution fund NEST, disagreed strongly with the idea, arguing that: “Pension money is for your later life. No ‘ifs’ or ‘buts’.” Using pension contributions to pay off a mortgage would not be a financially attractive option, a survey by the Amsterdam School of Real Estate (ASRE) has suggested.It found that, on balance, the financial advantage of lower initial housing costs would be more than cancelled out by a lower pension income in retirement.The survey found that households using their pension contributions to pay down mortgage debt would have 6% more income during the entire duration of the mortgage.However, these households would also have a 15% lower pension income, it said.last_img read more

Read more…

Wimbledon 2019: Roger Federer admits final defeat is one he would rather forget

first_imgAt 8-7 in the deciding set, Federer led 40-15 on his own serve but could not see out victory.The match became the first Wimbledon final to go to a tie-break at 12-12 in the decider before Djokovic claimed his fifth championship after four hours and 57 minutes. Related News Roger Federer said he would “try to forget” his Wimbledon final defeat to Novak Djokovic after failing to take two match points.The eight-time champion fell agonizingly short of a ninth title, losing 7-6 (7-5) 1-6 7-6 (7-4) 4-6 13-12 (7-3) on Centre Court on Sunday in the longest final in history at the All England Club. Wimbledon 2019: Simona Halep no longer intimidated by Serena Williams “I hope I give some other people a chance to believe that at 37 it’s not over yet,” said Federer.”I feel great. It’s going to take some time to recover, physically too. But I gave it my all, I’m still standing, and I wish the same for all the other 37-year-olds.”His family came out to see the presentations, and Federer said: “They won’t be excited with the plate (the prize for finishing runner-up). They’d rather take that golden thing. I love them. It’s back to being Dad and husband, it’s all good.”center_img Federer said: “I will try to forget, but it was a great match. … It was long, it had everything. I had my chances; so did he. I thought we played some great tennis.”I’m very happy with my performance. But Novak, that was great, congratulations man, that was crazy.”“At 37, it’s not over yet!”For @rogerfederer, the pursuit of more Grand Slam glory continues…#Wimbledon pic.twitter.com/Y1o1b1tjf4— Wimbledon (@Wimbledon) July 14, 2019Federer, 37, will regret that 16th game of the final set for a long time, but his longevity continues to amaze.He suggested this will not be his final challenge for a 21st grand slam triumph, even though he turns 38 next month. Wimbledon 2019: Novak Djokovic outlasts Roger Federer in record-breaking match to defend titlelast_img read more

Read more…

‘How many have to die?’: Neville voices fears over Premier League plans

first_imgThe country is on lockdown until at least May 7, but government officials have spoken in positive terms about a potential return for football if the virus is under control.– ‘No football for months’ –Germany’s sports ministers have said the Bundesliga could return next month but Dutch football chiefs have called an end to the Eredivisie season and the Belgian campaign is in the balance.French Prime Minister Edouard Philippe said football would not return in his country until at least September.In the Premier League, full training is reportedly slated for mid-May, with the plan to be discussed at a meeting of stakeholders on Friday.However, Neville is concerned that the Premier League’s desire to conclude the campaign is being driven by financial motives, with the English top flight facing a huge hit if the 92 remaining fixtures are not played.The former England international said if it were a non-economic decision there would be no football for months but he acknowledged that players at lower levels would want to play because the alternative was “bad”.“(A total of) 1,400 players are out of contract in three months so they’ll need football to resume so their livelihoods can continue,” he said.“There’s huge economic loss. It clouds people’s minds in terms of the risk that they’re willing to take.”Share on: WhatsApp Gary Neville fears Premier League players will be put at risk if matches resumeLondon, United Kingdom | AFP | Gary Neville fears Premier League players’ lives will be put at risk if football is rushed back too soon after the coronavirus-enforced lockdown in Britain.Premier League chiefs are aiming for a return to action in June and several clubs opened their training grounds to players this week as they work on “Project Restart”.The English top flight is understood to be aiming to run a huge testing operation to keep footballers safe, with reports of 26,000 tests being lined up for players and staff.But FIFA’s medical chief Michel D’Hooghe said on Tuesday that football should not be played until September and former Manchester United defender Neville is worried that Premier League stars will be put in danger by the rush to return.“The FIFA medical officer said that football should not take place before September. I think if it was a non-economic decision there would be no football for months,” Neville told the Sky Sports Football Show on Wednesday.“People are now assessing risk. How many people have to die playing football in the Premier League before it becomes unpalatable? One? One player? One member of staff goes into intensive care? What risk do we have to take? The discussion is purely economic.”Neville voiced his particular concerns over the risk to players with existing medical conditions.“If health comes first, there is only one outcome at this moment in time. How many players have got asthma? How many players have diabetes?“Have they assessed all of these things and are they willing to put those people at risk?”The UK is among the worst-hit countries in the global COVID-19 pandemic, with more than 21,000 deaths so far.last_img read more

Read more…

UK Prime Minister Bo-Jo Reaches Deal with EU on Brexit

first_imgBut European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker said it was a “fair and balanced agreement”.In a letter recommending the deal to European Council President Donald Tusk, he wrote: “It is high time to complete the withdrawal process and move on, as swiftly as possible, to the negotiation on the European Union’s future partnership with the United Kingdom.” The two sides have been working on the legal text of a deal, but it will still need the approval of both the UK and European parliaments.The DUP has cast doubt on its success, saying they still cannot support it.The Northern Irish party earlier released a statement saying they could not back proposals “as things stand”, and – after the PM’s announcement – said their statement “still stands.”Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn said the deal sounded “even worse” than what was negotiated by the PM’s predecessor, Theresa May, and “should be rejected” by MPs.We are going to get Brexit done #LeaveOct31st pic.twitter.com/4Es8VI4qZ0— Boris Johnson (@BorisJohnson) October 17, 2019 Boris Johnson says he has reached an agreement to free Great Britain from the iron bars of the European Union.The Brexit deal has been agreed between UK and EU negotiating teams before a meeting of European leaders in Brussels.Prime Minister Boris Johnson tweeted: “We’ve got a great new deal that takes back control.”We’ve got a great new deal that takes back control — now Parliament should get Brexit done on Saturday so we can move on to other priorities like the cost of living, the NHS, violent crime and our environment #GetBrexitDone #TakeBackControl— Boris Johnson (@BorisJohnson) October 17, 2019last_img read more

Read more…