Tag: 娱乐地图yldt123

The inconspicuously obvious

first_imgDear Editor,The recent (2018/11/13) ruling of the Caribbean Court of Justice (CCJ) pertaining to the issue of cross dressing in Guyana is indicative of the trajectory of homosexuality in this nation. The masquerade has to stop! The inconspicuously obvious is hiding in plain sight!SASOD and many sister organisations are riding the wave of human rights as they forward their advocacy against discrimination based on one’s sexual orientation. The not so obvious glaring fact, is that they are not dealing with sexual orientation in its widest sense- these folks and their supporters are, in essence, agitating for the legitimisation of same sex relationships; period! Consider the following:The laws of any society are intended to protect the citizenry. During SASOD’s press conference to inform the nation of the relevant CCJ ruling, a most prominent local senior counsel alluded to the archaic nature of sections of the constitution which pertain to cross dressing and homosexuality. What this learned individual and many in the legal fraternity is failing to address, is how these “antiquated” laws ended up on the books. I began this paragraph, by highlighting the fundamental utility of the law.So, if homosexuality is not serendipitously prohibited by the constitution, why is there an overwhelming effort to have it removed, while nothing is said about repealing the articles relating to incest, bestiality and other deviant sexual behaviour which are injurious to society? The answer is obvious. SASOD and their attorneys are quite aware of the grave potential societal dangers of incest, bestiality, homosexuality (particularly man to man) and other deviant sexual orientations. Hence, this facade about advocacy against discrimination based on one’s sexual orientation, is nothing but a smoke screen intended to hide the real agenda of SASOD–to promote and legitimise buggery. Had it not been so, there would have been equal and parallel attention given to the repealing of sections of the constitution which criminalise incest and bestiality. Aren’t these sexual orientations also?Sincerely,Errol London (Jr)last_img read more

Read more…

MAN ON BURGLARY CHARGES ORDERED TO STAY AT BUNCRANA ADDRESS

first_imgJason Haughey arriving at court in FebruaryA MAN facing burglary and other charges has been sent for trial to the Donegal Circuit Criminal Court.Jason Haughey, from Rosemount Letterkenny, had been remanded in custody earlier this year. However it was revealed at Letterkenny District Court that he was later granted bail by the High Court in Dublin and is now living in Buncrana.Mr Haughey was sent for trial on numerous alleged offences to the Donegal Circuit Criminal Court sitting in Letterkenny on October 29.Charges include two thefts, an assault, using threatening and abusive behaviour, burglary, obstructing a police officer, unlawful possession of drugs, assault causing harm, resisting arrest and possession of drugs.All the alleged offences took place in Letterkenny on dates between March last year and February this year.MAN ON BURGLARY CHARGES ORDERED TO STAY AT BUNCRANA ADDRESS was last modified: September 10th, 2013 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Jason HaugheyLetterkenny Courtlast_img read more

Read more…

Google revives Huawei work temporarily after US eases restrictions

first_img Tags Google will continue to work with Huawei for now. Getty Google said Tuesday it will continue working with Huawei for 90 days, after the US government announced it’s temporarily scaling back trade restrictions on the Chinese smartphone maker.On Monday, the US Commerce Department said it’s creating a general license that for now lets Huawei keep existing networks and issue updates to its phones and tablets. The reprieve is meant to give US companies time to figure out longer-term solutions and to protect consumers from security risks. The license expires on August 19. “Keeping phones up to date and secure is in everyone’s best interests and this temporary license allows us to continue to provide software updates and security patches to existing models for the next 90 days,” a Google spokesperson said in a statement. Huawei didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment. Now playing: Watch this: Comments Huawei P30 Pro vs. Galaxy S10 Plus: Editors react Phones Share your voice 6:54 Google’s decision not to cut ties with Huawei, the second largest smartphone company in the world, is a reversal of plans it announced earlier this week after the Trump administration effectively banned Huawei from the US, restricting the company’s access to US components and software. For Google, that meant suspending some business with Huawei, a key partner for its Android mobile operating system. Google reportedly said that it would stop providing Huawei with customer support and that upcoming versions of Huawei’s phones outside China would no longer get access to Google’s Play Store app marketplace and its marquee slate of services, including YouTube and Google Maps. Huawei, though, would still have access to the open-source version of Android without Google services. It’s unclear what Google will do after the 90-day license expires. Read: Samsung has the most to gain from Google putting Huawei on ice 4 Google Huawei Alphabet Inc.last_img read more

Read more…

Defence of allies key US condition for Syria exit

first_imgSyrian Democratic Forces and U.S. troops are seen during a patrol near Turkish border in Hasakah, Syria on 4 November, 2018. Photo: ReutersUS president Donald Trump’s national security adviser on Sunday set out conditions for the withdrawal of American troops from Syria, saying the defence of allies must first be assured.The comments by John Bolton during a visit to Israel signalled a far more gradual US withdrawal than initially set out by Trump, whose 19 December announcement concerned allies and led to the resignation of defence secretary Jim Mattis.Trump himself has more recently spoken of “slowly” sending troops home “over a period of time”, and Bolton laid out some of the conditions required before it takes place.”We’re going to be discussing the president’s decision to withdraw, but to do so from northeast Syria in a way that makes sure that ISIS is defeated and is not able to revive itself and become a threat again,” Bolton said when meeting Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu in Jerusalem.”And to make sure that the defence of Israel and our other friends in the region is absolutely assured, and to take care of those who have fought with us against ISIS and other terrorist groups.”Israel is especially worried over whether the withdrawal will allow its main enemy Iran to expand its presence in the neighbouring country.Netanyahu has pledged to continue to act against Iran in Syria.Israel has carried out hundreds of air strikes in Syria against what it says are Iranian military targets and deliveries of advanced weapons to Hezbollah, a Shiite Lebanese militia backed by Tehran.Earlier in the day, Bolton told journalists travelling with him that conditions such as guarantees on the safety of Kurdish allies must be met before American troops are withdrawn, NBC News reported.Bolton also said all 2,000 US forces may not be pulled out, according to the report.He said the withdrawal would take place in northeastern Syria, while some forces could remain to the south at the al-Tanf garrison as part of efforts to counter Iran’s presence.Condition the withdrawal”There are objectives that we want to accomplish that condition the withdrawal,” said Bolton, according to NBC.”Timetables or the timing of the withdrawal occurs as a result of the fulfilment of the conditions and the establishment of the circumstances that we want to see. And once that’s done, then you talk about a timetable.”Kurdish-led forces control a large swathe of Syria’s north and northeast, some of it seized from the Islamic State group.Despite backing from the US-led coalition and success in pushing back IS, Kurdish-led forces have at times incurred heavy losses.A US withdrawal could leave them exposed to an attack by neighbouring Turkey — where Bolton travels on Monday — and its Syrian proxies.The Kurds have invited Damascus to send troops into some of the territory it controls, to act as a bulwark against pro-Turkish forces.Bolton’s visit was part of a US effort to reassure allies after Trump’s announcement.US secretary of state Mike Pompeo, who also met Netanyahu last week, leaves on Tuesday for an eight-day trip to Amman, Cairo, Manama, Abu Dhabi, Doha, Riyadh, Muscat, and Kuwait City.Netanyahu used Sunday’s meeting to again push for the United States and other countries to recognise Israel’s sovereignty over the Golan Heights, the strategic plateau it seized from Syria in the 1967 Six-Day War and later annexed.He said he planned to take Bolton to visit the Golan before he leaves for Turkey on Monday if weather permits.”The Golan Heights is tremendously important for our security and I think that when you’re there you’ll be able to understand perfectly why we’ll never leave the Golan Heights,” Netanyahu said alongside Bolton.”And why it’s important that all countries recognise Israel’s sovereignty over the Golan Heights. I’ve discussed this with the president.”last_img read more

Read more…

How Morning Star Baptist Church is Celebrating 122 Years

first_imgBy Joi Thomas, Special to the AFROIf you have driven along Woodlawn Drive in the past four months, you may have noticed a beautiful, new church building that recently opened.  That building is the home of Morning Star Baptist Church (MSBC), which moved from the city to Baltimore County in December of 2017.  Morning Star celebrated their church anniversary, 122 years of serving God and His people, May 20.Morning Star Baptist Church (MSBC). (Courtesy Photo)One hundred twenty-two years of existence is something to celebrate.  This year, the theme and focus for the church anniversary was “Faith Fest.”  Bishop Dwayne Debnam, Pastor of the church, said Faith Fest is a celebration of what faith has done in the life of MSBC. “Faith has sustained us for 122 years. Faith allowed us to embark upon ministry expansion and so Faith Fest is what we do every year to celebrate the history of the church,” Debnam told the AFRO.Bishop Debnam has been the Pastor of Morning Star for over 20 years.  He said that this year was especially memorable. “It’s the first year in our new home and we are appreciating what faith has done and what God is doing in the life of the church. We are thanking God that we are able to see faith in action as a church and on a personal level.”Rev. Jimmy Baldwin, Pastor of Shiloh Christian Community Church in Baltimore, and Rev. Lewis Watson, Pastor of First Baptist Church of Salisbury, Maryland, were the guest preachers for anniversary Sunday at MSBC.  Each service was full of energy and excitement as the choir, dancers, and congregation came together to give thanks to God for all he has done for Morning Star.  As the church continues to be blessed, they also are a blessing to their new community.  “Many new initiatives have begun, including a new food pantry, youth mentoring, partnerships with the local schools as well as an interfaith partnership,” Debnam said.The future looks bright for Morning Star.  Soon they will be finishing phase one of their Family Life Center and moving forward with the vision of creating more space and opportunity to minister to the people God sends through their doors.   It seems clear that faith has brought Morning Star Baptist Church through 122 years and will continue to sustain them in their future.last_img read more

Read more…