Vision Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept is breathtaking Post a comment More From Roadshow More about 2017 Mercedes-Benz GLS450 Review • 2017 Mercedes-Benz GLS450 review: Normcore sensibility for the Neiman Marcus set Share your voice Future Cars Luxury cars SUVs Superluxury Cars 2016 Mercedes-Maybach S600 review: Let it semi-autonomously chauffeur your chauffeur 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLS-Class first drive: ‘The S-Class of SUVs’ earns its title Tags 2019 Mercedes-Benz S560 Coupe review: Still the luxury benchmark 0 18 Photos Preview • 2017 Mercedes-Benz GLS-Class is a smooth makeover for the brand’s largest SUV Mercedes-Benz Enlarge ImageDon’t expect that car-like rear end to show up on the production version. Even Mercedes-Maybach has its limits. Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-Benz plans to lean on its Maybach sub-brand to help the automaker compete against a growing contingent of super-luxury SUVs like the Bentley Bentayga and Rolls-Royce Cullinan. And now we know where it will be built.The upcoming Mercedes-Maybach SUV will be built in Alabama, Automotive News reports. With an estimated price around $200,000, that this super-SUV would become the most expensive vehicle manufactured in the US, a title currently held by the $159,300 Acura NSX. Before production begins, it’s expected to make its formal debut in China later this year.The upcoming Maybach SUV will be based on the same platform as the new generation of Mercedes-Benz GLS-Class, which will also be unveiled this year. Both vehicles will be built alongside the GLE-Class and C-Class at the Mercedes-Benz US International facility, which was first announced in 1993 and got its start building the automaker’s M-Class SUV. Eventually, the facility will also be responsible for electric vehicles, and the automaker is investing $1 billion in preparation for this new addition.Mercedes-Benz announced its aspirations to build this properly plush SUV last year, when it introduced the Vision Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept at the Auto China show in Beijing. It was a wild thing, with a car-like top half seemingly grafted to an SUV’s bottom half. A properly regal interior complemented the insane exterior styling, with quilted leather, rose-gold accents or wood trim with embedded LEDs on just about every surface. Its powertrain consisted of four electric motors that combined to produce 750 horsepower.Later in 2018, Mercedes let slip additional details about what to expect in a production version. It will reportedly feature an improved version of the automaker’s Magic Body Control suspension, which uses cameras proactively adjust the suspension ahead of bumps and potholes. The automaker is also reportedly working on a “chauffeur-focused” driving mode that minimizes shifts in order to translate less movement to the cabin. Talk about prioritizing comfort over all else. Mercedes-Benz
Khaleda Zia .File photoBangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) chairperson and former prime minister Khaleda Zia is going to appear before a special court in Dhaka on Thursday, seeking bail in the Zia Charitable Trust graft case as it issued a warrant for her arrest, reports UNB.Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) chairperson Khaleda Zia, who is facing arrest warrants in three cases, returned home from the UK on Wednesday afternoon after over a three-month stay there.”Our chairperson will appear before the special court set up at the playground of Government Alia Madrasa in the capital’s Bakshibazar on Thursday,” said BNP secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir.He came up with the comment while talking to reporters in front of Khaleda’s Gulshan residence on Wednesday night.The BNP chief will start her journey from her residence for the court around 10:00am, said her media wing member Shamsuddin Didar.Earlier in the day, BNP standing committee member Moudud Ahmed said their chairperson returned home showing respect to the court as some warrants for her arrest were issued in different cases.He said Khaleda will surrender before the court and seek bail in the cases in which the arrest warrants were issued against her.Khaleda returned home from the UK on Wednesday afternoon after over a three-month stay there.She reached Hazrat Shahjajal International Airport by an Emirates Airlines flight around 5:08pm.Earlier on 12 October, Dhaka Special Court-5 issued the warrant for the arrest of BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia in the Zia Orphanage Trust graft case as she went to London without its permission.On 3 July 2008, the Anti-Corruption Commission filed the case with Ramna Police Station accusing Khaleda Zia, her eldest son Tarique Rahman, and four others for misappropriating over Tk 21.0 million (2.10 crore) that came as grants from a foreign bank for orphans.
Syrian Democratic Forces and U.S. troops are seen during a patrol near Turkish border in Hasakah, Syria on 4 November, 2018. Photo: ReutersUS president Donald Trump’s national security adviser on Sunday set out conditions for the withdrawal of American troops from Syria, saying the defence of allies must first be assured.The comments by John Bolton during a visit to Israel signalled a far more gradual US withdrawal than initially set out by Trump, whose 19 December announcement concerned allies and led to the resignation of defence secretary Jim Mattis.Trump himself has more recently spoken of “slowly” sending troops home “over a period of time”, and Bolton laid out some of the conditions required before it takes place.”We’re going to be discussing the president’s decision to withdraw, but to do so from northeast Syria in a way that makes sure that ISIS is defeated and is not able to revive itself and become a threat again,” Bolton said when meeting Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu in Jerusalem.”And to make sure that the defence of Israel and our other friends in the region is absolutely assured, and to take care of those who have fought with us against ISIS and other terrorist groups.”Israel is especially worried over whether the withdrawal will allow its main enemy Iran to expand its presence in the neighbouring country.Netanyahu has pledged to continue to act against Iran in Syria.Israel has carried out hundreds of air strikes in Syria against what it says are Iranian military targets and deliveries of advanced weapons to Hezbollah, a Shiite Lebanese militia backed by Tehran.Earlier in the day, Bolton told journalists travelling with him that conditions such as guarantees on the safety of Kurdish allies must be met before American troops are withdrawn, NBC News reported.Bolton also said all 2,000 US forces may not be pulled out, according to the report.He said the withdrawal would take place in northeastern Syria, while some forces could remain to the south at the al-Tanf garrison as part of efforts to counter Iran’s presence.Condition the withdrawal”There are objectives that we want to accomplish that condition the withdrawal,” said Bolton, according to NBC.”Timetables or the timing of the withdrawal occurs as a result of the fulfilment of the conditions and the establishment of the circumstances that we want to see. And once that’s done, then you talk about a timetable.”Kurdish-led forces control a large swathe of Syria’s north and northeast, some of it seized from the Islamic State group.Despite backing from the US-led coalition and success in pushing back IS, Kurdish-led forces have at times incurred heavy losses.A US withdrawal could leave them exposed to an attack by neighbouring Turkey — where Bolton travels on Monday — and its Syrian proxies.The Kurds have invited Damascus to send troops into some of the territory it controls, to act as a bulwark against pro-Turkish forces.Bolton’s visit was part of a US effort to reassure allies after Trump’s announcement.US secretary of state Mike Pompeo, who also met Netanyahu last week, leaves on Tuesday for an eight-day trip to Amman, Cairo, Manama, Abu Dhabi, Doha, Riyadh, Muscat, and Kuwait City.Netanyahu used Sunday’s meeting to again push for the United States and other countries to recognise Israel’s sovereignty over the Golan Heights, the strategic plateau it seized from Syria in the 1967 Six-Day War and later annexed.He said he planned to take Bolton to visit the Golan before he leaves for Turkey on Monday if weather permits.”The Golan Heights is tremendously important for our security and I think that when you’re there you’ll be able to understand perfectly why we’ll never leave the Golan Heights,” Netanyahu said alongside Bolton.”And why it’s important that all countries recognise Israel’s sovereignty over the Golan Heights. I’ve discussed this with the president.”
Listen To embed this piece of audio in your site, please use this code: Share X 00:00 /01:10 Al OrtizMayor Sylvester Turner (center) held a press conference at the Baker-Ripley Center, located in southwest Houston, to announce the creation of the Office of New Americans, which will Houston residents, especially immigrants and refugees, to access City services with more ease.The City of Houston is trying to clarify its stance on immigration amid the controversy over sanctuary cities.Mayor Sylvester Turner announced Monday the creation of the Office of New Americans to help Houston residents, especially immigrants and refugees, to access City services with more ease.The Mayor made the announcement during a press conference held at the Baker-Ripley Center, surrounded by City Council members Mike Laster and Robert Gallegos, as well as by other elected officials such as U.S. Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee and Texas State Senator Sylvia Garcia and representatives from several community organizations.Turner also said he is one of the Mayors who have asked President-elect Donald Trump to keep the Deferred Action program.Commonly known as DACA, it protects undocumented immigrants who came to the United States as children from deportation.“You don’t wanna lose that talent. You don’t wanna strip people away from their families, you don’t want to separate them,” the Mayor stressed.In the law enforcement front, the Houston Police Department (HPD) will maintain its policy of not asking the public about immigration status.“Police doubling as immigration officials would divert limited resources needed to prevent crimes, such as murder, robbery, sexual assault and to apprehend the criminals who commit them,” explained Recently named HPD Chief Art AcevedoTurner is also developing the so-called Welcoming Houston program, which will aim at improving the coordination between the City and community organizations to provide services to newcomers.During the press conference, a member of the public urged Turner to designate Houston as a sanctuary city, but the Mayor didn’t use that term.
The Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Giriraj Singh, on Monday, said that following the ‘Khadi for Fashion’ call by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the ministry had planned to connect at least five crore village women to Charkha (spinning wheel).Addressing the Gandhi Jayanti Celebrations at Khadi Bhawan in Connaught Place, the minister said that Khadi has now become popular among younger generation too. “For a significant span of time Khadi was meant for either dadaji (older ones) or netaji (politicians). But, due to the initiatives and appeals made by our Prime Minister – who is himself the latest USP of Khadi –Khadi has now become a fashion trend among the youth,” he said, adding, “Even the results speak. The previous governments could increase the sale by only 70 percent in 10 odd years, but we enhanced it to 90 percent.” Also Read – Add new books to your shelfSpeaking of solar charkhas, the minister said that it would provide employment to at least five crore village women in the coming five years. “With five pilot projects at Varanasi, Nawada and other places, we are already on our heels with this project. It will ensure a regular income between Rs 6000 and Rs 10,000 to each of the women,” he said. The minister claimed that in efforts to make Khadi a fashion brand across the globe, the department is in regular contact with all leading fashion institutes of the country. Also Read – Over 2 hours screen time daily will make your kids impulsiveSingh further added that even in Africa, as a part of centenary Year celebrations of Gandhiji’s Swadeshi Movement, the High Commission of India in Uganda, in association with the Republic of Uganda, is unveiling the Gandhi Charkha – gifted by Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) – at the Gandhi Heritage Site at Jinja in Uganda. Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) Chairman Vinai Kumar Saxena, in his address, said that Khadi has been spreading its wings in all directions for creating maximum job opportunities for the artisans. “Since sanitation and Khadi was close to Mahatma Gandhi’s heart, the KVIC is all set to take his legacy forward,” he said, adding, “We have also taken Prime Minister’s call of ‘Sweet Revolution’ very seriously and we are trying to give a major push to our ‘Honey Mission’ in the coming days.” Arun Kumar Panda, secretary, MSME, also laid stress upon enhancing the total turnover of Khadi and Village Industries. Earlier, the minister inaugurated 60 Khadi outlets – which were renovated and re-launched during the completion of KVIC’s 60th anniversary and a Khadi outlet at Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport at Lucknow, through remote device. He also handed over the cheques to five artisans each from two Khadi institutions of Uttar Pradesh and Haryana, under the new sales initiatives undertaken by KVIC. Later, he inaugurated a Honey Parlour – showcasing several qualities of honey – at Palika Bazaar.
Share Tags: Indonesia, Travel Alert By: Stephen WrightSource: The Associated Press Wednesday, November 29, 2017 Bali airport reopens, but volcano still spewing ash KARANGASEM, Indonesia — The airport on the Indonesian resort island of Bali reopened Wednesday after an erupting volcano forced its closure two days ago, but the country’s president said the danger had not passed and urged anyone within the mountain’s exclusion zone to get out “for the sake of their safety.”Volcanic ash reaching 25,000 feet (7,600 metres) in the air began drifting south and southeast of Mount Agung, leaving clean space above the airport for planes to land and take off, said airport spokesman Arie Ahsannurohim.The airport, which handles more than 400 flights a day, had closed Monday, disrupting travel for tens of thousands of people trying to enter or leave the popular vacation destination. Thick ash particles are hazardous to aircraft and can choke engines.Despite the all-clear from authorities, flights are unlikely to rapidly return to normal levels and a change in the direction of the ash or a new more powerful eruption could force the airport’s closure again.President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo ordered all concerned ministries and agencies, as well as the military and police, to help Bali’s government deal with the disaster.“I hope there will be no victims hit by the eruption,” he said.More news: Windstar celebrates record-breaking bookings in JulyAuthorities have told 100,000 people to leave an area extending up to 10 kilometres (6 miles) in places from the volcano as it belches grey and white plumes. Nearly 40,000 people are now staying in 225 shelters, according to the Disaster Mitigation Agency in Karangasem. But tens of thousands more have remained in their homes because they feel safe or don’t want to abandon their land and livestock.In the village of Tulamben inside the exclusion zone, farmers were plowing their fields with cattle Wednesday, seemingly unbothered by the smoking mountain behind them swelling with orange lava.In Sukadana village, about 8 kilometres from the crater, a few remaining residents said mudflows of volcanic debris and water had passed through the area for a couple of days before solidifying.Some stranded tourists managed to get off the island before the airport reopened, but they faced an arduous journey involving crowded roads, buses, ferries and sometimes overnight waits in yet another airport in Surabaya on the island of Java.“This is a very unforgettable experience for us. So much hassle and definitely one for the books,” said Sheryl David, a tourist from Manila, Philippines, who arrived Saturday in Bali with three friends and was supposed to leave Tuesday. She remained stuck in a third airport on Wednesday in the capital, Jakarta, waiting for a flight home that required buying a new ticket, but said the experience didn’t dampen her feelings about the island.More news: Virgin Voyages de-activates Quebec accounts at FirstMates agent portal“Yes, still a paradise,” she texted.The volcano’s last major eruption, in 1963, killed about 1,100 people, but it is unclear how bad the current situation might get or how long it could last. A worst-case scenario would involve an explosive eruption that causes the mountain’s cone to collapse.“An analogy would be the twin towers collapsing in New York on 9-11,” said Richard Arculus, a volcano expert at Australian National University. “You saw people running away from the debris raining down and columns of dust pursuing people down the street. You will not be able to outrun this thing.”Indonesian officials first raised the highest alert two months ago when seismic activity increased at the mountain. The activity decreased by late October, and the alert was lowered before being lifted to the highest level again Monday.Indonesia sits on the Pacific “Ring of Fire” and has more than 120 active volcanoes. << Previous PostNext Post >>
Tags: Air Canada Vacations, Sandals Resort Travelweek Group Share MONTREAL – Air Canada Vacations and its partner of over 30 years Sandals &Beaches have teamed up to offer an exclusive new group promotion, the likes ofwhich hasn’t been seen since 2013.Nino Montagnese, Managing Director, said that the company “has not put an offerlike this out since 2013” and that it’s a “great opportunity [for agents] to book theirgroup customers into one of Sandals or Beaches’ fabulous properties.”The promotion runs until June 7, 2018 for travel from May 14, 2018 through Dec.20, 2020. Passengers in ever sixth room will fly and stay free (restrictions apply).This offer is valid for all group types including incentive and wedding.In addition, groups booking with ACV and Sandals & Beaches will receive: unlimitedgolf at select resorts; $1,500 Premium wedding perks; $500 future travel credit fortheir next vacation; no deposit wedding for 90 days; free upgrade to Business Classfor the bride and groom; free Island Routes excursion; and the chance to earn10,000 ACV&Me Bonus points, a value of $100 (valid for the first 25 groups only).More news: Sunwing to further boost Mazatlán service with new flights from OttawaSandals Resorts can be found in Antigua, Bahamas (two properties), Barbados,Jamaica (seven properties) and Saint Lucia (three properties). Each resort offersbeachfront locations, a choice of à la carte restaurants, premium brand wines andspirits, luxury accommodations, butler service in top-tier suites, water sports, andRed Lane Spas.Beaches Resorts are located in Jamaica (two properties) and Turks & Caicos. Eachresort features land and water sports, anytime gourmet dining and luxurious family-friendly suites. Children of all ages can participate in kids camps, while teens canenjoy video games, the Liquid nightclub and Scratch DJ Academy. Tuesday, May 15, 2018 << Previous PostNext Post >> Posted by Groups save more at Sandals & Beaches with new ACV promo